Illinois is a deregulated state, and deregulation is all about giving the consumers the power to choose a natural gas supplier.
Here’s how it works: The utility company delivering the gas to your home or business doesn’t change. They continue to deliver the gas to you, read the meter, and send you the bill. The only difference is that the natural gas supply line item on that bill will be from CenterPoint Energy Services. What you get is the power to choose who you purchase the natural gas from, and at what price.
CenterPoint Energy Services purchases the gas and puts it in the utility’s distribution system. This happens with many utility companies in the U.S. In fact, CenterPoint Energy Services has been providing large commercial and industrial customers in Illinois with this service for over three decades.
CenterPoint Energy Services helps you take control of your natural gas costs and helps you find the plan that’s right for your needs—and your budget. With a range of easy-to-understand, value-centered plans and backed by one of the most trusted names in the industry, find out why thousands of customers trust CenterPoint Energy Services to supply their natural gas.
To learn more about deregulation check out some FAQs.
- Illinois customers can choose their own natural gas supplier
- Backed by over a century of expertise, we’re a name Illinois customers trust
- Switch to CenterPoint Energy Services now and make the most of your natural gas choice
- No enrollment fees from CenterPoint Energy Services
- No interruption in your natural gas service when you switch
Utilities We Serve
- Nicor Gas, North Shore Gas, Peoples Gas
Here's all you'll need to make the switch to CenterPoint Energy Services: