California is a deregulated state, and deregulation is all about giving the consumers the power to choose a natural gas supplier.
Here's how it works: The utility company delivering the gas to your home or business doesn't change. They continue to deliver the gas to you, read the meter, and send you the bill. The only difference is that the natural gas supply line item on that bill will be from CenterPoint Energy Services. What you get is the power to choose who you purchase the natural gas from, and at what price.
CenterPoint Energy Services purchases that gas and puts it in the utility's distribution system. This happens with many utility companies in the U.S. In fact, our team of experts has a legacy of providing competitive natural gas plans to large commercial, small business, and residential customers across the country.
Center Point Energy Services helps you take control of your natural gas costs and helps you find the plan that's right for your needs — and your budget. With a range of easy-to-understand, value-centered plans and backed by one of the most trusted names in the industry, find out why thousands of customers trust CenterPoint Energy Services to supply their natural gas.
To learn more about deregulation check out some FAQs.
- Californians can choose their own natural gas supplier
- Backed by over a century of expertise, we’re a name California trusts
- Switch to CenterPoint Energy Services now and make the most of your choice
- Reliability is a hallmark of our industry and we deliver reliable service to customers across the U.S.
Utilities We Serve
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), SoCal Gas, San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E)